1. General Use. This Website is owned and operated by ETitle National Guaranty Company, Inc. (“ETitle”). Unless otherwise indicated, all Materials on this Web site are the property of ETitle. You may not copy, republish, reproduce, upload, post, transmit, distribute, or use for the creation of derivative works the content on ETitle Sites without ETitle prior written consent. Except that ETitle grants you non-exclusive, non-transferable, limited permission to access and display the Web pages within this site, solely on your computer and for your personal, non-commercial use of this Web site. This permission is conditioned on your not modifying the content displayed on this site, your keeping intact all copyright, trademark, and other proprietary notices, and your acceptance of any terms, conditions, and notices accompanying the content or otherwise set forth in the ETitle Sites. Notwithstanding the foregoing, any software and other materials that are made available for downloading, access, or other use from the ETitle Sites that contain their own licenses, terms, conditions, and notices will be governed by such licenses, terms, conditions, and notices.
2. Links to Other Sites. The linked sites contained in the ETitle Sites are not under the control of ETitle and ETitle is not responsible for the content of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site. ETitle reserves the right to terminate any link or linking program at any time. ETitle may provide links from its websites as a convenience to you. Display or access to a link should not be interpreted as an endorsement of any company, products, or content associated with the link. Accessing of any of the links provided on the ETitle sites, is done entirely at your risk.
All material published on the Sites and Services, including, but not limited to text, photographs, video, text, graphics, music, images, animations, audio, text, “applets” incorporated into the software data) sounds, messages, comments, ratings, and other materials on the Sites and Services is owned by ETITLE DIRECT or its licensors and is protected by copyright, patents, trademarks, trade secrets and/or other proprietary rights, including under the United States copyright laws. ETITLE DIRECT owns a copyright in the selection, coordination, arrangement and enhancement of such content and a copyright in the Sites and Services. ETITLE DIRECT, ETitle and its logos are trademarks of Etitle and are protected by state and federal laws. All other trademarks appearing on the Sites and Services (“Marks”) are trademarks of their respective owners. Users are prohibited from using any Marks without the written permission of ETITLE DIRECT or such third party that may own the Marks. You may not copy, publish, transmit, distribute, perform, sell, create derivative works of, or in any way exploit, any of the content, in whole or in part, without ETITLE DIRECT’s prior written consent. You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit for any commercial purposes, any aspect of the Sites and Services. You acknowledge that you do not acquire any ownership rights by downloading copyrighted material You may download content for your personal, non-commercial use only as provided in these Terms, provided that you keep intact all copyright and other proprietary notices. Copying or storing of content for other than personal use is expressly prohibited without prior permission from us or the copyright holder identified in the copyright notice contained in the content.
DIGITAL MILLENNIUM COPYRIGHT ACT (“DMCA”) NOTICE
ETITLE DIRECT has registered an agent with the United States Copyright Office in accordance with the terms of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (the “Act”) and avails itself of the protections under the Act. We reserve the right to remove any User Materials on the Sites which allegedly infringes another person’s copyright. We are under no obligation to, and do not, scan content posted for any violations of third party rights, however, we respect the copyright interests of others and it is our policy not to permit materials known by us to infringe another party’s copyright to remain on the Sites. If you believe any materials on the Sites infringe a copyright, you should provide us with written notice that at a minimum contains:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted;
- A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Indemnity/Release. You understand that you are personally responsible for your behavior while on the Sites and Services and agree to indemnify and hold ETITLE DIRECT, and its affiliates, business partners, and their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents, harmless from and against any loss, damage, liability, cost, or expense of any kind (including attorneys’ fees) that we may incur arising out of or related to your use of the Sites and Services or in connection with a third party claim or otherwise, in relation to your use of the Sites and Services, any actions you take based on information obtained on or through the Sites, and/or your violation of either these Terms, applicable law or the rights of any third party. To the extent permitted under applicable laws, you hereby release ETITLE DIRECT from any and all claims or liability
FRAUD NOTICE: Any person who knowingly and with intent to defraud any insurance company or other person files an application for insurance or statement of claim containing any materially false information or conceals for the purpose of misleading, information concerning any fact material thereto commits a fraudulent insurance act, which is a crime and subjects such person to criminal and civil penalties. related to your use of the Sites and Services
Please note that your lender may require additional coverage (endorsements) that may add to the cost of your title insurance. Your lender may also have closing fees that should be disclosed on your GFE.
Eligibility for refinance discounts, where available, is subject to evidence of a prior mortgage or owner’s policy (in certain states) within the proper time frame and of sufficient amount.
ETitle Direct does not provide legal advice. If you require personal legal representation or if you have legal questions regarding your closing, we recommend that you contact an attorney.
Certain states require that closings be conducted through licensed resident escrow agents or through resident attorneys. Certain other states require that title insurance policies be issued through resident agents or agencies. In such states, ETitle Direct will work through a licensed title agent, escrow agent, or attorney.
New York: Standard New York Practice is for lenders to retain attorneys to represent the lender in loan transactions. The attorney’s fees are typically disclosed to the borrower on the Good Faith Estimate. For refinances, a title closer is also required at closing. The fee for a title closer typically averages $200.00 for each loan to be paid off at closing. If there are no loans to be paid off at closing, there is typically an attendance fee of $200.00 charged by the title closer. Title closers are paid directly and are not employees or agents of ETitle Direct. For purchases, ETitle Direct requires buyers to retain an attorney.
***Etitle reserves the right to review and deny any applications submitted.